Thursday, April 28, 2011

What's going on with me and Sit & Go turbos?

I didn't know Chris Ferguson had a video about the bankroll management tips he did.

In any case, SnG Turbos --- I used to always fail on those, so I tried the normal speed $3 games, and did rather okay on those. Then, I went on a winning streak, I guess, and won like nine in a row relatively effortlessly. Then, just as I began my Bankroll Repair, I could hardly win anymore. Huh.

Well, at least all that tournament playing, which really hones the importance of being careful with one's chips, has made me a better Cash Game player, although I start feeling kind of scared outside the 1/2 cent games - which don't seem like real money all that much, or perhaps the fact that the small buy-ins remind me of $1 SnGs, so I can consider the money I bring to the table to be already "lost" unless I "place".

Scarily, I'm considering bringing in a non-trivial amount of money - like, 150$ - to get access to bigger games sooner. Mostly, this is a foolish idea... however, as mentioned, the cheapest games  can get pretty random, as people may call you no matter what... It's manageable in ring games, since the blinds don't go up, but in SnGs as well as tournaments, the randomness can really eat you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment