Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bankroll Repair, Day one - results.

Games numbered, then bankroll net effects. Scary stuff. I also lost  $1,60 on a ring game, which went up and down so much --- My personality is ill-suited towards them.

1: -1,00; 3. place
Winnable, made TWO stupid calls where I knew I would lose, but didn't want to
give up the pot.

2: +0,88; 1. place
Knew the opponent had a flush draw, and still paid him off. Had AAA.
Recovered. Won.

3: -0,12; 4. place
Called too big an all in, couldn't recover chip stack. Was too hasty and
impatient.

4: -1,12; 4. place.
Lost most of my chips when on the big blind, after flopping bottom pair and
trying to push the opponent off their hand; Went all in soon after with JT.

Part bad play, part bad luck.

5: -2,01 3. place.
Played an okay game, this one goes to the cards.

6: -3.01 5. place
I think I played okay -- My straight draw ran into a flush draw. I was aware of
it, but was unsure if my opponent was on a straight or flush draw.  My chip
management was bad, though, I was not careful enough.
I had AK suited, I lose most often with AK.

7: -4.01. 3. place
I got nervous - other than folding a pair of fives - which I probably shouldn't
have played in the first place - I played an okay game. Hard to say how much
I was affected by my nerves.

---
Realization : I've been playing scared poker today.
---

8: -6,61; 4. place.
 What is going on? I played pretty good... Was Outplayed by AllInDom.

9: -4.69; 2. place.
Played okay for the most part. my last loss heads-up should have been avoided.
I had a straight draw and a mid pair. At  least it's more towards my rakeback,
without further bankroll loss. Partypoints shall help entering sunday bike ride.

10: -3,71: 2. place
Played okay, except heads-up I still made a bone-headed move with a straight
draw, when the other guy had a set.

Today leaves my bankroll at USD 5,20 $, which is bad, but not horrible -
I can sort of recognize my failures and I played better as the evening
progressed. I did win a place at Spring Million Special, which is nice. Also
scored enough party points to participate in the Sunday Bike Ride.

Placed 46th on WSOP Freeroll, would have lasted longer - my last call was bad.
Someone 4x raised from early position, I had AQ so I called. Flop came out as nothing, and the opponent went all-in.

I should have put him on ANY pair - at that point I only had 6 outs. Calling was bone-headed.

Granted, with 16K chips remaining and blinds hitting 8000, I wouldn't have lasted very long, but at least there would have been a chance...

No comments:

Post a Comment