Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Disaster Strikes!

Okay... I found a tournament I liked, but I accidently miss-clicked, and registered into a wrong tournament.
The disaster? This tournament had a buy-in cost of $33!

What could be worse? Let me tell you what's worse:

Starting the final table as the chip leader and being busted out as the seventh.
Sixth place would have scored $110.

Aaaargh!

The feeling of loss - especially after having daydreams of the $640 - was incredible.

I'm still up by about $15, which means I've lost $41 out of $60 I won. I've found out I do really poorly on the 'Turbo' Sit & Gos, as I play too tight for those games.

I have a theory about one's bankroll, and that is that one should "process" all of it - or at least half of it - every day. Basically, you should win more than lose, and if you have, oh, a bankroll of 100% but you only utilize 10% of it per day, most of it is "dead money".

Of course, it's not quite so black and white - for an example, you shouldn't risk as much on 'training' in new game types and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment