Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Playing less, getting worse.

I've been sitting on a min 1/2 cent table, since I won't get blinded to death there.
I've played less, over the easter, which has been nice, but I feel I'm getting worse. I guess that's a risk from having only played for such a short time... I feel a lot of my knowledge is still sort of short-term, and... really not  digested.


I borrowed David Sklansky's Hold'em Poker  book from the library - there's hardly anything there that I don't already know --- or at least, nothing I haven't read elsewhere already. Still, it has a lot of stuff in it, which I DID need to learn from somewhere.

I'm not very good at cash games, because I find money... a bit scary. 0,80 buy-in 1/2 cent cash games are cheap enough that I can play normally... Unfortunately, the players themselves are rather random - I've seen people raise with 63 off-suit. It's crazy.

In any case, that's why I prefer tournaments and such - I can deal with hundreds of thousands of abstract 'chips' much better.

However, seeing as how I'm not doing too good in 'turbo' games, it does make me wonder, if I just should multi-table some really tight minimum-bet cash games.

No comments:

Post a Comment