Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tilt Cooldown / Sick Hand

Lost a showdown, I likely should have won... If I'd played more slowly, perhaps I would have read the other guy better.

What happened was, I had QJ Offsuite, and the flop came down 3QJ. Very few hands beat that. So, there's pushing and I go all in.

the turn and river card come down, a 3 and a J  - I get a full house. Imagine my surprise and dismay as I lose -- the other guy had  a pair of threes.

At first, I think, okay, a bad beat. Then I'm reminded of another hand where I folded in a correct spot - I had QJ suited, and the flop came down something-5-J, and I think I have the hand. I put in one raise. Others call. The turn card comes, and is a 5, and the guy on the other end raises. I put him on A5, and fold - and he had A5 offsuite.

Here's the thing - WHY do I let someone with a pair of threes, or a A5 offsuite stay in on the hand? Stupid...

I need to work on my shoves...

No comments:

Post a Comment