Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rounders and $1.5K New Players Freeroll

Matt Damon, that movie. So far entertaining.

As per usual, I'm doing remarkably badly since actual winning is involved. I had a decent sized stack, but went very nearly all in with A8s when there was AKT8 on the table. The other guy had AT, which I really should have spotted earlier, and I went down to... either 40 or 60 chips, while blinds were at 80 chips. Now I'm back to a bit over 2000 chips with blinds at 400 - I expect they're either 500 or 600 after the break.

A remarkable recovery, but regardless - I'm doing rather badly right now. I'll update afterwards, regarding my final placement.

Update: Finished 356th, meaning a gain of $1.05

Any suggestions where to invest it? I could go for the 2 cent blind NL table, I guess...

I'm also playing two other tournaments right now, a $50 Freeroll, and a 10 PP spring million special, in which I'm not doing too well right now. I'll do another update on those two...

Update: Finished 10th in 10 PP Spring Million Special. I haven't played the final tables very much, so I'm probably  not all that good at them.

Update: Finished 32nd in the $50 Freeroll, gained $0.05, probably my best placement on the $50 Freerolls. Lost a showdown with K7 vs. something-8, flopped both two sevens and two eights, so...    Currently playing on a $250 Freeroll, just started.

Update: Finished fourhundred-something, gained 12 cents. I lucked into about 80K chips early on, but I kept on losing whenever I tried to play later, most often on the big or small blind. At least twice I folded winning hands.  Current balance $1.26. I'd be way up if... oh well.
But, that's it for tonight. a $1500 game tomorrow, and we'll see what else.

Oh, finished watching Rounders. All in all a decent movie, although the lzherusskie accent was ridiculously fake on the main "bad guy".

No comments:

Post a Comment