Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Okay run on Limit tournament.

I placed forty-somethingeth. Would have done much better by playing tighter in the late game, but I got a suited AK and a pair of jacks in a row, which I just had to play. With blinds at 20000, it didn't take long to run down my stack of 400K.
Especially as a pair of nines flopped when I had the jacks, and I just couldn't put the heavy raiser on a set. Stupid of me. I'd go so far to say that I was on Tilt.

My top placement with 40000ish chips was 12th, at one time, which isn't that much in a $50 tournament.

Update: I took a stupid risk early on, in the NL $50 freeroll. I had 13 outs, meaning about 52% chance of winning... but I missed it, and was out.
The thing is, I shouldn't have even taken that risk in the first place - if you risk falling out of a tournament, it's a stupid risk to take.
One of the benefits of NL Hold'em is that it exercises my self-control.... but, my self-control is still insufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment