Saturday, April 30, 2011

The boons and perils of multi-tabling

Playing multiple simultaneous poker tables... sometimes it goes well, sometimes... yeah.

So, let's do the traditional list of what is good and what is bad.

Good:
  • Staves away boredom 
  • Easier to throw away bad and semi-bad hands
  • When one's good enough, more games means more money, without unduly increasing risk.
Bad:
  • I can't get a read on other players, which can be devastating. 
  • When there's lot of action, I can get distracted and end up screwing things up badly, folding good hands or raising bad hands. 
So... goods would seem to outweigh the bad. However, the first two 'good' things are really issues due to my inexperience as a poker player... I guess the last 'good' thing increases in value eventually and the bad things lessen in weight?  Ugh. I need to think about this. 
Hey, I found a lot of interesting articles at this site

No comments:

Post a Comment