Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bankroll Repair, day four - Problems, technical and otherwise.

So, Partypoker wasn't really working properly, but then, neither was I.
I'm on some prescription medication, which I forgot to take with me, so I believe I was suffering some withdrawal symptoms yesterday.  Regardless, I did log what went on yesterday.



Today, I'm going to examine the effect of twin tabling on my concentration.

So, I'll apply the following gaming pattern:
single table->twin table->single table.
so, 10 games would be 1-2-1-2-1-2-1, which should be nice.

1: -1,00. Everyone was playing super-tight so I was picking a lot of pots by
just putting in a min-raise. However, as I got a big raise, I chose to call it,
despite knowing it was a tight table, and ended up losing vs. a pair of jacks.

I _may_ have tilted, but I called a big bet with ATs, and the opponent had AQo,
and that was all she wrote.
I was lucky early on, and ended up playing without consulting my brain.

2: -2,00 4th place, Total loss.
3: -1,08 2nd place, okay run.
Felt kind of distracted, the games felt very fast, and it felt I was constantly
switching between the two games, without really paying much attention to either.

4: -2,08. Ran out of chips. I couldn't get a read on my opponents. Busting out,
however, was self-inflicted. I had KTs, and after I raised to about 40% of my
remaining chips - two bets - an opponent went all in. I called, in despair, and
ran into cowboys.
Observation: I bet too much - or not enough - when I have the top pair. I end up
losing chips when a caller hits a higher pair, or a draw.

5: -3,08 - in trouble with 800 chips remaining, , went all-in with a8s,
ran into KK. Again.
6: -4,08. Lost. Three-way all-in, I had QQ, others had KJ and 99.... river card
was 9. I was doing well at that point, so it's questionable if I should have
participated in that contest, even if I did have the third strongest starting
hand.

Bad day so far.

Then, some stuff happened, such as partypoker maintenance and updates, and I didn't have the time to play rest of the games, which may have been for the best.

---
Daily Spring Million Giveaway NL Hold'em:
* My timing sucks, and I'm getting pushed around by the bigger stacks.
1450 players, 1150 to go for the money.... At this point I pretty much need
a huge hand. TODO: Figure out correct timing.
* 5 min break, 1324 players remaining, 6 bets remaining and about to hit the
blinds.
* flopped 2 pair on the blinds, managed to get to 7 bets. dodged small blind,
thanks to table change. 1201 players remaining. I'm considering delaying 'til
the money comes. Especially considering my bad success in SnGs.
*And I'm out. I had pocket threes, the flop was J-5-Q, Pot was about 1400...
and the opponent bet 3200 chips. What the hell?  I considered it a while, and
concluded they were trying to buy the pot. I totally failed to consider they
might have had pocket fives, or a jack-something, and were trying to scare
someone off a top pair or somesuch. In any case, a foolish risk - I still could
have survived a few more hands.

---

So, that was my day. Hopefully, today will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment