Monday, April 25, 2011

How I made it through Nordic Spring Million Qualifier second time

I was cooking, so I barely played - I was down to maybe 2200 chips from folding, with blinds at 150ish, and about 130 players remaining, when I began playing. I'll need to check the records from pokertracker when I get the opportunity

I doubled up quite soon, which was a coin flip, more or less - I think I tried to steal the blinds with AK suited, and ended up getting called, and flopped KK. After that, I just played my normal game, although I wasn't very eager to really play any hands - So I guess I was a bit tighter than average. I doubled up a few further times, when others insisted going all in against me when I already had the nuts. I tried to steal the blinds when I could, but not consistently - maybe twice per three rounds or so, I had a decent chip stack, so I wasn't panicking.

Rest was natural. My biggest loss was the second to last hand, as I had just dropped from first to second place at about 137K chips, and I wanted to try stealing the blinds to reach number one spot before the game ended. I ended up losing maybe 50K chips, and finished fifth.

If anyone's interested, I could be persuaded to check the details with pokertracker.

No comments:

Post a Comment