Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Well, that's interesting.

I was playing on a Nordic 50 Seat qualifier, and since I've already scored a place, I was playing around and learning.

I played silly aggressive, playing almost every hand and bluffing when the opportunity came, and I was winning left and right. I guess it could be because the common strategy early in a tournament is to play really tight.

I did still crash, when I faced a tempting all-in where I was waiting on a 10 to complete a straight on the River, which didn't come, so my opponent took all but 600 chips with a JT pair.

But still, aggressive and loose is strong when everyone else is being tight and passive. Good way to get a chip lead early on, as long as one can switch gears later. In any case, my post-flop play still sucks, in my opinion.

I'm also flat broke again; I need to start winning some tournaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment