Friday, March 18, 2011

I always lose when I do things I know I shouldn't

Okay, so I had A T and flop gave me the T highest pair. Two players went all-in, and I had the best hand, but I would also have to go all in.

Now, I KNEW that in tournament  you NEVER risk all your chips if you can help it - sure, dropping into 1400 chips with big blind at 300 would have hurt, and the probability of another player having TT was unlikely - admittedly, they could also had a higher pair in hand.

So, I went all in, knowing I shouldn't, and lost,  as luck came down with a K on the River, which gave the highest pair to another player.

In retrospect, the probability of a J, Q, or K in their hands was high, and that gave them all in all 9 cards which would beat me, in addition to dropping a small pair, which might have them three-of-a-kind, did exist, so they had... um, about 1 in 4 chance of beating me, so...

Argh! In my defense, I didn't intend to play, my head was just too hot to sleep.

Green tea seems to help on that, btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment