Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Let's try to rank this time.

Today's first tournament: WPT Bratislava freeroll.
I didn't do all that well yesterday... I felt like I was doing okay, but in the end, I didn't manage to rank once, and since I have no bankroll at Partypoker, it'd be kind of useful to rank even in the lowest of scoring positions.

I'm still not playing tight enough - especially my post-flop game is too loose - even with a low or no hand, I pay too much money to see the turn and river cards.

So... Tighter, tighter. When I play hands, I try to do it small ball style, but I need to play less hands. I fold pre-flop about 40% of the time, so that means I play with about 60% of the cards. That's a lot ---- OTOH, part of the point of small ball is playing a lot of hands, and it does give good rewards when it works.

It's GREAT for stealing blinds, of course, doing that with cheap blinds doesn't give much...

Hm.

*update*
Ran into a weird bug where everyone just keeps folding. When they dropped out they were replaced by 'functioning' players. Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment