Friday, March 18, 2011

Time to start playing less and winning more.

Okay.

Yesterday, I made it to 68th position out of 5000 or so. However, I needed to hit 50th to get a prize - which would have included a seat in another tournament with bigger prizes. However, with just few more places to go, I took too big a risk too early, and ....

It was bitter. Really, really bitter.

I've been playing more than 5 tournament games per day, which is a nice way of gaining experience, however I get REALLY worn out pretty fast.

Using a tight-aggressive strategy, I can make it to the top 95% in tournaments pretty reliably, however, I must concentrate pretty hard to avoid self-destructing or falling into traps.

I also need money pretty soon. This means, I need to start placing way better. Like, I need to reach final tables.
So, I will play fewer tournaments per day, focusing on the ones with the biggest pay-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment