Tuesday, March 22, 2011

In Retrospect, Yesteday Wasn't Good

English is a funny language, not sure what's up with capitalizing every word in title.

I lost quite a bit yesterday, due to bad risks, but also due to getting bullied out of winnable pots by aggressive players. On the other hand, taking unreasonable risks is supposed to be a no-no, but if a player notices you're too afraid to go All In, they'll use that leverage to bully you around - unless you're the chip leader.

So, it's a big issue when short-stacked. Not sure what to do about it, besides trying to luck into winning flops.

I did run into situations where the opponents lucked into a straight or a flush on the river card when I did take risks, so... T_T

Here's something to read by Phil Ivey.
I think he's on to something. I've studied strategies and whatnot, but at some point I stopped seeing the cards.
I mean, at the level I play, very few players bluff at all, so what cards they have can often be determined by whether they check or raise at the flop.

No comments:

Post a Comment