Thursday, March 24, 2011

Play style musings.

So yeah... tight-aggressive.

I've done significantly better by sticking to better hands - no worse than suited connectors, suited As, both cards high and so forth - AND betting more aggressively. By putting a nice, 4x big blind raise into the pot with a good hand pre-flop, will either win you the blinds then and there - or you might get money in the pot, and thus win more.

One thing I find useful, though, is trying to avoid risking more than one-fourth - a quarter - of the pot on one hand, unless I'm pretty sure I have the nuts. Avoiding All Ins, while leaving me with less wins, also leads to less devastating losses - most of my big losses - also some of the big wins - have come from All Ins. I mean, if I have the ace-high flush, it's obviously the right thing to do, but, say, with a three of a kind when there's a higher pair on the table? Much more risky.

No comments:

Post a Comment