Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Nordic Spring Million Qualifier and $250 GTD.

This one has no cash rewards, so I'll use it for practicing my play.

It seems I still have trouble following my own advice - I'm quite certain I played too low hands in that last Bankroll Builder game.
Two new rules:

  • Avoid All Ins as much as possible. I'm not good enough to risk those consistently yet
  • Try not to invest more than one-fifth of the stack in one round. Need experience.
These... will be revoked, later on. More like guidelines?


A total of five tournaments for today, BTW. That's a lot, oh dear... Well, I need to gain experience fast, so there ya go...

Anyway, some gameplay logging follows....

00:00 - chips start at 3000, I'm up to 3320 after first round - not giving you the big blind for free, b...
Oh, did I mention I hate those guys who just go all-in constantly? It's poker, not lottery! Anyway, I'll just fold on 'em for now....


00:05 bet 320 on a pair of threes, came out with a bit over 4000 chips, thanks to getting three threes on the turn. 


00:09 got QQs, went to 600 on raises 'til a guy went, *sigh*, All in. Now I only have 3300 in chips.


00:15 Raised to 200 on a Q9. a bit risky.... but got a Q on flop. Bet additional 700 for a total of 900. I checked on turn & river, won, and went up to 5200.


00:20 After AQ I'm at 6240 chips. Was on BB, so only paid 1000 to call 1200, then when I got a second Q I raised by half the pot, and they folded.


00:24 WHOOO! Okay, went to raise with T3 suited crap, got three threes and now I'm up to 22K since I was forced to go All In. (Only A3 or AA hand woulda won at that point.) I'm currently FOURTH. 


Okay, another tournament begins so no more logging The other tournament is called a $250 GTD, and there's a cash reward up to 100th position, so I'll be really tight with it, just trying to hang in there...


NOOO!! 


Okay, Nordic Spring whatnot, came in 38th - Went all in in an iffy situation, which sucks. Was doing pretty well, would'a probably finished in top 10, if I'd hold to my 46K when I had it, but I had a pair of trumps, so I was... overvaluing pairs, again. Was defeated by a pair of Jacks. My best position was SECOND at one point.


Now, forcusing on the $250 GTD. 


00:55 Doing averagely well, nearly 2x avg chips remain. Current position 54/487.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment