Saturday, March 19, 2011

I cannot play

A K8 beat my AK on the $§1.5K game. Once again I broke my rule of never going all in.

I can't see the cards right now. I mean, I do still often call the cards others have, but I just, sort of hope I'm wrong and play and screw up. It's really really annoying.

I'm going to play the next game very conservatively - giving up anything beyond the flop, if they don't fold on my raise, just checking everything and folding on a raise. Let's see how that goes

*edit*

Whoo, pretty well. I had a decent amount of chips (about 2x average) and at 500th position on the big $50 game (big as in lots and lots of participants, not much in the way of rewards).

Anyway, with blinds at 1200 and ante rising, I started playing properly, and quickly, after playing a few decent hands, got really excited with an AK hand, especially as I had a high pair, and went all in against another guy.

*sigh*

I even thought of the phrase "Anna Kournikova - looks good, never wins" before playing. The other guy had A4, and there was 4 in the flop, so his two pairs beat me.

That was very invigorating, and I did win all of $0.01, so I don't feel TOO bad, however I would have won at least ten times that much by the virtue of being away, and allowing ante and blinds to just eat my stack of chips. *sigh*

Still can't control my emotions. In any case, sticking to sniping with good hands is a good strategy at least 'til Ante comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment