Monday, March 28, 2011

So how am I doing?

Well, it's been... nearly three weeks since I started playing.
I managed $0.04 worth in a $50 limit holdem, and so forth. I'm not just sure...

*sigh*

I'm hungry.

It's easy to reach the top, oh, 10% of any tournament by only playing the premium hands, and even then conservatively, but that means one'll probably be short-stacked when there's only that 10% left, unless you run into a lucky streak when the blinds start getting big.

I don't do quite as many bone-headed mistakes any more, so that's good, at least. Now, if only I had food....

A Tournament-mistake would be to bet large sums - say, more than half of your remaining chips - in an early spot - while there are still thousands of players remaining - when there's a distinct possibility of the other player having a better hand.

Or how I just lost 95% of my chips with a JK vs. a KK hand. I should have read it from the bets, but frankly, the player had a tendency to bet big with all sorts of hands, so....

No comments:

Post a Comment