Saturday, May 21, 2011

Playing loose and tight.

I'm having moderately good  success with this style. If I'm the first to call, I play any pair, any connector above 56. If I have an actual hand, I do a smallball raise of 2.5 to 3 time big blind, plus any ante. So that's very loose.

If someone's already called, I'm much tighter and limp in with anything less that top eight hands or so. I avoid bluffing most of the time, although I do get a lot of folds from post-flop feelers, which really don't count. Unless I have the nuts, I usually fold to big raises, but that's a lot more subjective.

Still, I'm not actually doing all that hot right now - I have a  lot of RL stuff, so I may end up needing to go AFK for extended periods of time, and I've lost a few games just because I had to be away long enough to get short-stacked.

*edit*

In retrospect, I just added a lever to make me play loose on a tight table and defaulting to tight on a loose table. Not a bad thing, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment