Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A difference between six and eleven.

I can tell... I 'win' in the double-or-nothing games a decent amount of time... but less in the eleven dollar ones, and it takes a lot more attention and effort to do so there. I'm not entirely sure if it's a matter of tension or just that the more highly-skilled players flock to the $11 games, but there it is.

I screwed up day before yesterday - I have some unpaid bills, so I took a big risk and tried to win a rather expensive tournament. Obviously, I failed. So now, I'll just have to stick to a bankroll management plan and rebuild.... which is going to take a long while, especially as I'm taking, I believe, Howard Lederer's advice and not allow poker playing to intrude upon other important things. Frankly, I was playing so much that it wasn't all that fun anymore. So, I'm cutting down to no more than an hour or two per day, for now.

I've developed some interest towards limit hold'em, since fluctuations there seem to be less intense, and my bankroll is crying right now. However, it's an entirely different game - loose styles don't work all that well there.

No comments:

Post a Comment