Monday, May 2, 2011

Analyzing my losing streak.

I placed in four DoN SnGs today, then lost four. I'm looking at my plays with PokerTracker, and two out of those might be considered bad beats - first, my straight lost to a flush (both made them on the river), although I think I read the flush, and just didn't want to believe it. Thus, the previous post.

Second, I had a set of kings, and the opponent made their straight, which I didn't spot.
Another big part was making the top pair on the board, but my opponent having an over pair - like, I had jacks, but they had queens in the hole, or I made sevens on the flop, but they had nines.

My chip stacks have been draining too fast, due to playing bad hands, like A7 - A8 off suite, and I've lost a LOT with Ace-Jack off suite. So there's a flaw there... on the other hand, stealing blinds gets  important later on...

But, when I lose, I get eliminated early - on spots 10-8 - while, when it gets to blind stealing stage, and close to the bubble, I do tend to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment