Friday, June 14, 2013

I've Been Playing Again

So... I haven't felt much like playing, as my paycheck is so much better than whatever I could make at poker with my skill level.

That changed a while back, and I've been playing some.
One of the changes in my attitudes towards Hold'em, has been, that I find zero-sum games to be essentially immoral, so I think I'll only be playing sponsored / guaranteed tournaments from now on.

Since I've admitted to myself I'm not very good, really, I've changed my strategy to playing really tightly, not bluffing (outside semi-bluffs, anyway), thinking others don't bluff much, and folding if I don't hit anything better than a pair on a flop. I'm also very aggressive with the top hands I play.

Of course, those are just guidelines. A lot of depends on the table and my reads, too. My reads are pretty good, I just find myself not trusting them enough.

Say, I've put a lot of chips in a pot, and a card puts a potential completed draw on the table. If my mind tells me another player just made their hand and that I'm beaten... I have really hard time laying down my hand.

But... yeah, basically. I need luck to win, and I'm tailoring my play style around that a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Just came across your blog on Poker! you might want to consider entering this writing competition from Pokerlistings.com where you can win a package to the Battle of Malta Poker Tournament worth 1700 Euro. http://www.pokerlistings.com/write-a-blog-post-win-a-1-700-battle-of-malta-package-54449

    ReplyDelete