Friday, November 4, 2011

Another losing streak

There are two big reasons for those.
One, my hand range tends to be too wide for fixed limit.
Two, I attempt to bluff a bit too often. 

Bluffing in FL is very hard - you have the people who mulishly call with any hand even if there are overcards, potential flush draws and so forth on the board. Also, calling is cheap. 

In NL you usually only have to worry about the other guy having the hand you're bluffing to have.
As for hand range... well, Hellmuth says suited connectors are like candy - you play and win with one, it's hard to put any of them down. 
This is true. 

Naturally, I haven't had an opportunity to play SnG's since those require a winning streak. Also, my tournament performance has been shoddy.
I usually start out doing okay, but large blinds in addition to the fact that most tournaments run so late, local time, I'm ready to go to sleep anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment